Wednesday, November 17, 2004

 

Mac Support

The app is currently 'working' on MacOS. I say 'working' because although it comes up, and everything responds as it should, the analysis isn't too flash, and trying to use the microphone at all crashes it.

I was quite pleased that it compiled - for some reason, the Makefile generated with qmake doesn't have the environment variables working properly. This means that every time I use qmake, I have to do a find and replace for $(QTDIR). Dunno why. It's just a little thing, but indicative of the quirks that can happen.

I've spent an hour or so tracing the execution of the programme, working out how the buttons are all set up (easy) and how the audio comes in (not so easy). I miss my multiple desktops from linux so much - the mac seems to be making things as difficult as possible for me. Emacs isn't very nice to use either - there's no speedbar.

I'm currently kinda stuck, so although I'm learning more about the programme, I need Phil's help to solve problems. After that, we should be fine.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?