Thursday, November 18, 2004

 

Status

Phil worked his magic yesterday, and we tracked down the bug that was preventing the microphone from working properly in MacOS. Turns out some code had been copied and pasted into the wrong place, and the programme was never reading buffers. That's fixed now, with some help from an old version of code.

I found a bug that meant the programme would crash after a while. We tracked it down to be in a widget, that ended up segfaulting because it was trying to access some memory that another thread was changing at the same time. Easily fixed, and now the programme isn't nearly so fragile.

Today I've been mainly documenting the code. It's a very slow process, but I'm getting there. I'm developing a good understanding of what's going on with it now - I'm not scared of the code any more! I'm renaming variables and classes now, so they'll all have a consistent naming convention.

I'm almost beginning to look forward to making it work on Windows now that I know what's going on. Once you have a clear picture of what each file is responsible for, things get a lot easier.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?